The Emoji Movie

Kids & Family • PG • Directed by: Anthony Leondis • 86 minutes

Unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user.

Other films by Anthony Leondis

Viewer reviews

NEVER WATCH THE EMOJI MOTHER
★★★★
All I can say is that it's using plagiarism on Disney's Animated Film "Wreck-it Ralph" — KJ2Kvortexx

Wow
★★★★
This is horrible, filled to the brim with terrible jokes and is literally an ad. Terrible hack at Hollywood trying to be hip and cool. — MANpersonPET

👌
★★★★★
THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING 🙌 MY DUDES. LIKE OMG ITS A MOVIE ABOUT EMOJIS 😀 LIKE WHO WOULD NOT LOVE ❤️ IT. WHEN I WATCHED IT AT THE THEATERS THERE WAS THIS DUDE 👱‍♂️ DABBING AND WHIPING AND DOING THE NAE NAE INFRONT OF ME LIKE OMG. THS MOVIE IS SO HIP AND COOL WITH THE KIDS 😀 I LAUGHED 😂 SO HARD LOL — bigboymcfacto

Look terrible
★★★★
I didn’t watch this and I don’t feel like wasting my money on it but all the people they gave it five stars are probably just nine-year-olds so yeah unless you’re a tween or something like that idk — Jw3727272

...
★★★★
barney has a better plot and characters than this. — Anime Trash~Chan

Trash
★★★★
What is this — GridlockCookies

One Word
★★★★
WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! — Fantastic Mr. Fex

Emoji
★★★★★
My mom loves this movie — MaddiChamp<33

It was ok
★★★★★
It was ok but it had bad jokes but overall it was good. — Chicken neck it

Emoji Movie todos
★★★★
1. Make a MUGEN PUNCHING SANDBAG 2. Middle finger at the emoji Movie 3. Let keemstar react to it 4. delet this emoji Movie, just delet it — BloxieTone

Horrible
★★★★
Don’t waste your money or your time watching this. Buy Havana on iTunes♡ — Angel Stephaine

Meh...
★★★★
What a pile of Patrick Stewart this "film" was. An enitre headache throughout and a disgrace, even to the target audience. I'm never getting my hour back and I curse the people who thougt this was a good idea. This. This is the end of movies. If this can get greenlit, we're all doomed. Watch all the old classics while you can. And, james corden? Screw you. Screw you and all your fat, disgusting, rude "humor". The people who starred in this trash will never get their dignity back and lost all credibility, especially you, Patrick Stewart. May you go around prancing the "poo" name that is now attached to your resume. — ScallionBandit

Awesome movie 😀😀
★★★★★
Great 👍 movie 🎥 not bad at all sad 😭 at the end. — Benjamin Vanderslice

Please save your money!!
★★★★
It really is a train wreck. We had promised our kids weeks ago that we would watch it and kids unfortunately never forget! It is paying $5.99 to rent to basically watch a slow motion train wreck repeatedly hit a brick wall while watching paint dry. My kids liked it but they also sometimes eat their own boogers or forget to wipe. 🤷🏼‍♀️ — Brandih80

🍅
★★★★
Well it’s a 9 percent on rotten tomatoes so ya — tyguy29

🤮
★★★★
Another hit movie with Anna Faris in it🤣 — Jay5002

😫
★★★★
To fit the theme of the movie I am using emojis to describe your reactions while watching it:😮😱🤔🤒😭👎😞😶😤😡.And when it’s over your like:🤗🎉 — #the truth hurts

Terrible movie. 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
★★★★
Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad! Don’t waste your money on this trash! It is such 💩, that I’m surprised it doesn’t have -1,000,000,000,000,000% rating. Go back to the toilet where you belong! — Yoshi_Love_Inc

❤️
★★★★★
Those people that say this movie isn’t good then they must be on something because everything about the movie was great even the cheesy jokes — NinjaCarCarJL

Just don’t
★★★★
It was really annoying. And not fun at all. — Swroute

Why
★★★★
Why did you make this I known there is a 40% chance you’ll make a new one and a 60% you won’t but please no for my sake — B.E.R is my life

GREATEST FLIPPEN MOVIE EVER!!!
★★★★★
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️ — cringe comady

Worst movie ever
★★★★
Also I am furious that they cancelled the Popeye movie for this!!!! — AHS2004

DID SOMEONE THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA
★★★★
This is terrible — beardeddragun

🙌🏾
★★★★★
The miracle that happened to me after watching the Emoji movie was that my doctor told me my terminal cancer was cured. I had watched this movie as the parting gift from this life but what was supposed to be my death became my life. After that I have committed myself to preaching the emoji movie wherever I go, and I urge you to go to my new church, the "Church of 😂🅱️🕍⛪️⛪️". Come hear the word of Meh and be changed. — GLaDOSthepotato

The absolute worst!
★★★★
My 6 year old wouldn't even finish watching this boring flop. I wasn't expecting much from the time I saw the first movie poster but it was actually worse than I had prepared myself for. — gcp13

Cringey
★★★★★
I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it. The reason I put 2 stars instead of 1 was that so many people hate this movie so much. And also, I liked the animation. At least they tried on the visuals. Otherwise, I didn’t like anything else. Most of the characters were odd, the jokes were cringeworthy, the storyline was dull, the writing was weak, and I didn’t like that they were putting apps just for a cash grab. It feels more like an ad compilation than a movie. Overall, this movie is a hot garbage mess, and I don’t recommend this movie to anyone. — BabyBrownBear

Why why WHY
★★★★
Why would you do this to humanity Sony why we're all doomed to die in hell for watching this WHY — Ggfbs

Trash
★★★★
So boring and so stupid .. don’t waste your money on this — P!kaBrook

Cool
★★★★
This movie looks really cool! At first i thought it was cringey cuz its a movie about emojis but after seeing more trailers and such amazing reviews i might watch it! 😀😃😄 — Kawaii~poato

👉🏿👌🏻
★★★★
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) — Vitor123453

Should have rented boss baby
★★★★
Trash can man — Nickname.pdf

Garbage
★★★★
The only reason I rated it one star was because I couldn't go lower. This unoriginal movie made me want to blow my brains out — Margie Menza

Jacksfilms
★★★★
Jacksfilms liked it — Hp915

ME ME BIG BOY
★★★★★
ME ME BIG BOY ME ME BIG BOY ME ME BIG BOY ME ME BIG BOY — MrMichaelj2005

Bad
★★★★
Just bad — guerogarcia

Looks pretty dumb
★★★★
How am I able to write a review of a movie I haven’t bought or rented? — Satisfied iPhone user

Fun movie for kids
★★★★★
I love how there are so many “adults” rating this movie like it’s just for them? This movie will definitely keep your kids attention and with a smile on their face, ignore the adults rating and let your kids be kids! — Calisparkz

No recommended
★★★★
Do not buy this movie, because it is a terrible movie. — JamesBondfanatic94

The potato flew around the room
★★★★★
Potatos ain't even round!,,,,?.... but the yellow guy is and it's adorable! — Bacon frat

Don’t buy it. 💩💩💩
★★★★
Is not worth to buy it or even rent it. I was so disappointed with the movie. I should have listen to the people who reviewed the movie. This movie is a piece of 💩💩💩💩💩 — Gldiaz

SUPER FUNNY
★★★★★
Honestly my favorite part of the movie was the just dance part I loved this movie and I don’t care what everybody else thinks it’s an awesome movie worth buying✋️😎😃😄😁😑 — wasteoftimeforsure

a good plot
★★★★★
the whole plot of the story is about being different, you don't have to be an emoji you have to be 😒(like every one else) but an emoji that you truly are (unique, special). It's about being you ❤️ — Frog God1

Complete trash
★★★★
Nothing was funny, it made you cringe every 30 seconds, and was not creative or well made. The plot was trash so the movie is trash.👎 — Worst game ever 💩👿

No just no
★★★★
What has the world come to? — RetroOwl

Complete and utter trash
★★★★
Completely stupid! Do not buy! A dumb concept which u should not support! — But headsssssishgo

Cancer
★★★★
“It’s cancer, in a nutshell” — LArciniega

Do not watch. It’s just a waste of time and money🚫
★★★★
Don’t let anyone you know or don’t know see this movie. This movie is just lousy pop culture and children especially shouldn’t see this lousy film. Sony movies are good however they made this awful movie and I recommend do NOT watch this movie 🚫❌ — GigglesMcG

I love it
★★★★★
i have only seen the trailers but i know that it is the best movie in the universe in the past present and future.it is pure art.it is better than life itself. — People without brains

OwO bep bep
★★★★
Worst movie ever — Bill chipher the gamer